Everyone knows the great attributes of quinoa. I like to eat healthy and like the occasional quinoa salad, as a true blue Mylapore Maami, I can only take so much salad! A word of caution: I am a Maami mostly in food. Friends of mine even use quinoa instead of rice and hang on to our 3 (4/5) course meal. So I am always experimenting with making non-Maami sappadu into Maami sappadu. So here is one of my favorites. Eat it for any meal, preferably breakfast/brunch or tiffin or dinner. It comes with maami guarantee that it is super yummy.
- Cooked quinoa: 1 cup
- Green pea powder or chickpea powder: 2 scoops
- Flax seeds: 1 tbsp
- Chia seeds : 1 tbsp
- Chopped packed spinach: 1 cup
- Diced onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced hot pepper (to taste), I also added chili flakes
- Chopped cilantro leaves (2 tbsp)
- Yogurt: 2 tbs: can replace with sour cream or butter milk
- Coconut oil: 2 tbs
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: To taste
- Cumin seeds (optional)
- Hing (optional: I like it)
- Cook quinoa to directions
- In the same pan, add all the ingredients, and mix. Add water in spoonfuls if necessary.
- Make the pancakes/crepes
- Serve hot
- I ate with tomato thokku (pickle) and yogurt. You can also eat it with podi, sambar, chutney or anything really!
- Toss is different vegetables. We loved cabbage and radish.With a bite and crunch.
- Add coconut flakes for a tasty variation.
PS: My favorite skillet is Tfal