I was not kidding when I said I am trying to cook bell peppers in different ways. Today I made a roast pepper salad. Turned out quite yummy. If you want to check a recipe for how to roast pepper, check my other roast pepper recipes.
- Great northern beans: 1 can
- Cucumber: 1 cup diced
- Roast pepper: 1
- Olive oil: 1/2 tbsp for roasting pepper, 1/2 tbsp for salad dressing
- Basil: 3-4 leaves
- Lemon juice: 1 half lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Coat pepper with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes until it is cooked, roasted, and browned.
- You can also roast and store the pepper in advance in the refrigerator.
- Dice the cucumber.
- Rinse the beans
- Tear basil leaves into pieces
- Throw the cucumber, beans and basil in a salad bowl.
- When the roast pepper is cool enough to handle, rip into pieces, you can also use a fork and knife to do it.
- Toss the pepper in the bowl
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and toss.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled. It can be a vegan paleo meal by itself or as a side.
- Check out my cucumber/tomato bruschetta recipe. You can use this salad as a bruschetta topper.
- Vary the herb to your choice. Fresh dill is a great alternative.
- Vary the beans to your choice. Chickpeas or white kidney beans are great alternatives.